Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chicken.

Traffic Sucks.

You know what sucks? Spending over two hours to commute under 20 miles. We had a huge snow storm this past weekend totaling over 15 inches of snow, therefore the roads are awful to drive on. Gotta love living in Minnesota. I'm not a snow person at all, maybe if I drove a Hummer my feelings would be different. I made this dinner in the crock pot, which sounds great in theory because I didn't have to cook when I arrived home but it wasn't. My chicken was WAY overcooked, an hour and a half overcooked to be exact. Oh well, it happens. The flavor was still really good! 

Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chicken

What you need:
- 4 Chicken leg Quarters 
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced in wedges
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins

Combine cumin, cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Coat chicken and place in bottom of crock pot. Top with Onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and raisins. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. 




Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 12:

Wrapping presents or gift bags? Wrapping presents! I am a master wrapper and love all of the varieties/colors of the paper. I like gift bags better for birthdays or other celebrations.