Friday, December 14, 2012

Cherry Tomato Salad.

Italian Salsa.

I made this recipe with pasta (recipe to come tomorrow), and it can now be compared to an Italian salsa. Was that confusing? Let me explain. Because I have been sick this week, I haven't been in the greatest mood to cook every night. I changed around some of my planned meals so I wouldn't waste any food. This was one of them. The pasta I made had tomatoes in the recipe already, can you say tomato overload? We found out quickly that the salad tastes really good on top of the pasta. Therefore, Italian salsa. The colors are also pretty perfect for the Christmas Season. 

Cherry Tomato Salad

What you need:
- 2 Pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of red pepper flakes

In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix with tomatoes, onion, and parsley. Serve cold.

This salad is pretty tasty and does a good job without the pasta, its a versatile dish. 



Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 14:

Real or artificial tree? This is such a toss up for me because as a kid we always had a real tree. Even living in New York City, we would drive out to a tree farm and chop one down. Now, for the better of my cleaning ocd and anxiety I prefer fake. The mess of the thistles is too much stress, I know I'm crazy