Tuesday, December 11, 2012

BBQ Pork and Potatoes.

More BBQ.

I made this dish last Wednesday, before I knew it was going to be a week full of BBQ. The one downside of making food in the crock pot is commitment. I like eating foods as fresh and warm as possible so I try not to switch up meals after I have started to cook them. The first Wednesday of every month is our staff meeting followed by lunch. We were treated with Famous Dave's catered in our office! I love Famous Dave's so this wasn't too much of a problem. BBQ twice in one day? Ok, I can do this. What I couldn't do was the lunch leftovers and second trip to Famous Dave's the next night for Eric's birthday. I think I might be needing a bit of a "BBQ break"

This is the most tender pork I have ever made. I honestly don't know what I did differently but it came out amazing. The texture reminded me of string cheese because it fell apart instantly. I would definitely make this again. I threw some potatoes in the crock pot to soften and soak in all the delicious flavors.


BBQ Pork and Potatoes

What you need:
- 3-4 lb pork loin
- 6 baby red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water or beef stock

In a small bowl, mix chili powder, oregano, cumin, brown sugar, garlic powder, and paprika. Cover meat in spice mixture and place in crock pot. Pour water or stock in bottom of pot, top with potatoes, and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. 





Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 11:

Favorite Christmas Tradition? My favorite Christmas tradition would have to be going to the movies. Do your families do that? We always go see a movie on Christmas day after the dishes are done and the food is put away. Surprisingly, my family has a pretty easy time choosing a movie.