Saturday, December 22, 2012

Chicken Pasta Bake.

Getting into the Christmas Spirit.

I had high hopes for the veggie farfalle, and my expectations were exceeded. This dish was good, real good. I was kind of expecting it just to be a regular old pasta dish but it was far from that. The veggie flavoring added a nice touch to the dish, and really enhanced the colors. My favorite thing about baked pastas are the crunchy edges, there so unexpected. 

The after dinner festivities really stole the show! What's that you ask? Carly and I making treats. Who am I kidding, I sat nicely at the kitchen bar and entertained her while she dipped all 50-something hockey pucks. YUM! 

Ok, funny story: We made bacon wrapped green beans as a side dish for the pasta. The next day at work, when I went to grab my lunch, I realized I had two Tupperware of pasta. That means Damian was sent to work with A LOT of bacon wrapped green beans. I can just imagine his expression when he pulls them out from his (Lululemon) lunch box, yep he uses the lulu bag for a lunchbox

Chicken Pasta Bake

What you need:
- 1 box Barilla veggie farfalle pasta
- 1 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced into small pieces 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta over high heat until tender and drain. Meanwhile, put the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add onions and garlic, stirring to combine and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add mixture to pasta, combining with tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, salt, and pepper. Top with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Place pieces of butter on top and bake for 30 minutes. 






Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 22:

Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? This is a hard decision! I love them both. If I had to choose I think eggnog would be the winner because Hot Chocolate can be enjoyed throughout the year. Also, because eggnog in coffee is really really good!