Monday, December 3, 2012

Hot Toffee Chocolate (With Butterscotch Schnapps).

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Well sort of... Despite the lack of snow, which I am ecstatic about, all of my surroundings are being lit up or turning red and green. To kick off the holiday season, I, with help from Caitlin, made this delicious hot chocolate recipe. We decided to make it an "all ages recipe" with the optional addition of butterscotch schnapps, try and say that one three times fast. After drinking hot chocolate mix for so many years, I forgot how rich the real thing is. This recipe was a major hit for this holiday season. 

Hot Toffee Chocolate (With Butterscotch Schnapps) 

What you need:
- 4 cups milk
- 4 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1 shot of butterscotch schnapps (optional)

Pulse butterscotch and chocolate chips in a food processor until fine. Heat milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add chocolate mixture, salt, and sugar. Whisk and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Top with whipped cream and extra toffee pieces. 

*** Add butterscotch schnapps at the end to make individual glasses alcoholic***

Caitlin made a batch of stir sticks using Trader Joe's Honey Wheat pretzel sticks, chocolate, and toffee pieces. They were to die for!






Christmas Blogging Challenge Day Three:

When/how did you learn that Santa wasn't real? I actually figured it out (I don't remember the age) because the handwriting on the gifts was the same as my Mom's. When I questioned it, she told me that Santa did not have time to wrap all of the presents so he would drop them off for her to wrap and put under the tree. I don't think I bought the story...