Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos.

Straying from the Plan. 

I have to admit, I tend to plan and schedule almost every aspect of my life. I think its more of a comfort level thing then anything else. When I stray from the plan, I tend to become anxious of the unknown. I have always liked to be in control of the situation I am in. As I get older and learn that it's going to be ok, I discover some amazing things. While I was waiting for my rice and beans to finish cooking, I decided at the last minute to bake the tortillas for the tacos. Not only was it easier to fill the tacos, the slight crispness was amazing. Sometimes even straying just a little makes a big difference. 

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

What you need:
- 1 1/2 Lb chicken, frozen or thawed
- 16 oz salsa of choice, I used Green Salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 taco seasoning packet (I forgot to add this)
- Tortillas and additional toppings of choice

Whisk 12 oz salsa, chicken broth, taco seasoning, and garlic powder in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken and cook on high for 6 hours for frozen chicken, 4 hours for thawed. Take chicken pieces out, drain remaining liquid, and shred chicken with a fork. Heat tortillas in oven and serve warm. 

I saw this on Pinterest one time and thought I would try it. I preheated oven to 375 degrees, placed tortillas as seen in the picture above and heated for a few minutes. They were a delicious mix of soft and hard tacos. 


I served the tacos with Rice and Beans.


Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 5:

What is the best gift you have ever received? When I was younger I received a gold necklace with my name on it. It was custom made and beautiful!  My mom let me open it early, which rarely happened, and I fell in love with it.