Monday, December 10, 2012

Butterscotch Schnapps Heath French Toast.

Yep, that a real thing!

On Saturday morning, I woke up with a craving for french toast. I usually would rather an English muffin or egg in the morning but I decided to get creative. I was out of vanilla, my french toast go-to, so I thought substituting with butterscotch schnapps would be good. It was good, really really good. I have a ton of schnapps left over from my hot toffee chocolate recipe, so you might see it pop up in some new recipes. This would be a really great holiday breakfast, it's very festive. 

We had a lot of snow this weekend, almost 15 inches! It was nice to have a relaxing weekend indoors, despite my sore throat. We ended up watching 5 Christmas movies! Tis the season. 


Butterscotch Schnapps Heath French Toast

What you need:
- 4 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butterscotch schnapps
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon 
- Heath bar pieces 
- Non stick spray

Set the stove to high heat. Add non-stick spray to a medium skillet so the bread does not stick. In a small bowl, mix eggs, schnapps, milk, and cinnamon. Once the pan is heated, turn down the heat to medium. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating on both sides. Place each slice into the pan and toast on both sides. Top with syrup and heath bar pieces. 





Christmas Blogging Challenge Days 9 and 10:

Who is the easiest person to buy for? Damian. He likes just about everything so it's easy to come up with a long list to choose from. 


Favorite holiday Scent? Vanilla. I love the smell of regular vanilla or spiced vanilla, especially candles.