Friday, December 21, 2012

Italian Roasted Snap Peas.

First of Many.

This is my first time working with a leek. I have eaten the vegetable many times but I had never actually cooked with it. The taste is similar to an onion, a little dulled down and the texture is almost the same as a chive. Leeks are super easy to cook with and fairly in expensive, score! 

I can't believe it but I still do not feel like Christmas is early next week. I'm going to have to do something this weekend to change that. I decided that next year I am going to have a tree. I am determined this will change the Christmas spirit in our house. I went a little overboard with the pumpkins this year, and lost the thrill of decorating.

Italian Roasted Snap Peas

What you need:
- 1 Lb snap peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss snap peas, leaks, olive oil, and salt in a bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and return to the oven and roast for an additional 10 minutes, until vegetables begin to brown. Toss with oregano and serve. 
Lightly adapted from Eating Well




Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 21:

Do you travel on the holidays? Travel- technically. I drive to La Crosse, which is about a 2.5 hour drive. I thinking flying during Christmas would be a mess but I don't mind the drive to La Crosse.