Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cucumber Dill Salad.

Very hungry= Bad pictures.

I can't always make my meals look like works of art. But I can make them taste like it. This one is an old favorite that I used to enjoy as a kid. I did a little healthy substitution and it still tasted great. Have no fear there will be a lot of great recipes coming up where the pictures came out great.

The roads are slowly getting better. The temperatures rose and the ice has started to melt. Don't get me wrong, as much as I hate it, Snow is beautiful, but not beautiful enough for a two hour commute to work. I have a really hard time managing the stresses of traffic.

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Yea that's right... How jealous are you? My secret was not purchasing everything online, which is what I have heard from many, rather making a list and checking things off as I went along. I was very tempted to end that sentence with: Making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice, Santa Claus is coming to town!

Cucumber Dill Salad

What you need:
- 6 Kirby cucumbers
- 4-5 sprouts fresh dill 
- 3 oz light sour cream
- 3 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper

Slice cucumbers in 1/4 inch pieces. In a bowl, whisk sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add cucumbers and dill, tossing to combine. 



Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 13:

What's your favorite Christmas book? I can't think of the name but it is a really old large book that is comprised of many short stories. There are classic stories about Santa  the elves, recipes, and lots of beautiful pictures. I also really loved the Eloise at Christmastime stories.