Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Baked Sweet Potato Fries.

The secret is in the paper.

The other day I was asked how to make a sweet potato fry crispy. I have to admit the batch made below was not even slightly crispy. The packer viking game was on Sunday and I attended a work party at my office where we all made food. One of the things I brought were these sweet potato fries. I only had about an hour to make four batches so they ended up overlapping a bit in the pans. The secret is easy, parchment paper and no overlapping. If you use both of these methods your baked fries should come out perfect. 

This will be my first semester in many years where I won't have any final exams. It's oddly nice to not feel an immense amount of school pressure right before Christmas. I still feel like I'm just on break and any day now I will return to school. I wonder how many years it will take to finally hit me. 


Baked Sweet Potato Fries

What you need:
- 3 medium sweet Potatoes, sliced into strips
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place fries leaving room between each one. The fries will not turn crispy if they are touching. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.


Suggested dip: Garlic aioli - mix mayo, garlic, salt, and lemon juice.



Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 4:

Favorite Christmas Song? My favorite Christmas song is very cliche, All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. It's hard not to sing along when you hear it playing.