Monday, December 17, 2012

Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms.

Italian Feast

This past weekend my brother Jarrod and his fiance Danielle came to Minneapolis to visit and have some fun. There flight arrived on Saturday morning and we were all starved when we got back to the house. I prepared an Italian spread buffet where the food combinations were endless. It was absolutely delicious and we were all stuffed by the end. 

The weather here has been crazy. After finally warming up enough for ice to melt on the roads, we had rain all day on Saturday. Rain in December is not common in Minnesota. Now the temps have dropped again so the lovely ice is back. If you know me well enough, i'm very uncoordinated. I'm trying to be extra careful for slippery spots. 

Can you believe Christmas is next week? I'm not sure if its the lack of tree in our apartment but it really has not hit me yet. 

Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms

What you need:
- 1 Lb mushrooms
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss mushrooms with all ingredients (minus butter) in a small baking dish. Top with butter slices and roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. 



A sandwich platter- Roast beef, provolone cheese, turkey, prosciutto, sopressata salami, avocado, and pepperoncini's.  

Caprese- Tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese, fresh basil. 

Black olives, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers. 

Arugula, sandwich and salad toppings, and other goodies. 

I would eat this everyday if I could. 

Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 16 and 17:

Hardest Person to Buy For? The hardest person to buy a gift for is my brother. I can never judge what he actually wants for Christmas rather than what I want to give him. 

Post a picture of an old Christmas Card. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of old Christmas Cards. My family really likes to do picture cards, so i'm excited to see what was chosen this year.