Friday, December 7, 2012

Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad.

Some bumps in the road. 

Damian wanted me to make a green bean salad that his mother has basically perfected. I thought I remembered the recipe until I began to make it. I forgot onions, didn't have the correct recipe, and realized at the last minute it is supposed to be cold. The rest of dinner was ready to eat, how would I have enough time to cool the green beans? I didn't. Nonetheless I think it turned out pretty well. Next time I will just ask for the recipe. Because the beans were so warm, the feta began to melt, hence the messy looking food. Better luck next time. 

Green Bean, Tomato, and Feta Salad

What you need:
- 2 Lbs green beans
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 scallions, chopped thin (forgot this in mine)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper

Cook beans in boiling water for about 6 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking process. Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss all ingredients together.  




Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 7:

Most memorable Christmas? My most memorable Christmas is probably one that we went in La Crosse while we were living in New York. Most of the extended family was able to make it and it was such a treat to go to La Crosse twice that year.