Monday, December 24, 2012

Grilled Pepper Salad.

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

I can't believe its Christmas eve already. This year has flown by but I love being home with the trees, decorations, and holiday cheer. It seems to make all the difference. Isn't the holiday season amazing? It's such a treat to be able to go home and relax a bit outside of the hustle and bustle in the city. 

Last night we had a family dinner, pictures to come, and then relaxed for a little while. After running some errands, Jarrod and I went over to the freight house for a drink. My cousin met up with us and we all chatted for a few hours and caught up on each other's lives. 

My plan for today is pretty simple. I'm heading to the gym, getting ready for tonight, playing darts, and helping prepare tonights meal. Christmas eve is spent at my Uncle Wayne's house, where I help him prepare the meal and the house for guests. He has a pretty cool darts room with a vintage board and correct standing measurments. It's nice to run in and out playing between cooking dishes. 


Grilled Pepper Salad

What you need:
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt

Grill peppers on medium high heat, until soft and charred in spots, 5 minutes on each side. (I used my broiler on high) When cool, chop pepper and toss with remaining ingredients. 





Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 24:

Christmas eve tradition? We have a few traditions that have held up for Christmas eve. We always have ham, because we have turkey the next day, and open our presents after dinner. I like opening them on Christmas eve because it changes the focus on Christmas day.