Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Asian Pineapple Pork.

Foodie Emergency.

Thank goodness for Trader Joe's Soyaki (a unique blend of teriyaki sauce and marinade for meat, fish, or vegetables). Caitlin introduced me to the dressing a few years ago and now I always have a bottle in the fridge in case of a foodie emergency. This was one. I made this pork in the crock pot because it was on super sale at rainbow. The pork was tender and fell apart but the flavor was a little off. We decided to pour out the juices in the pot and add the Soyaki sauce. It turned out amazing. I tweaked the recipe a bit to achieve the same results without waste. 

Do you enjoy Christmas movies? I love that they are always on TV. We have watched quite a few silly Lifetime ones and our fare share of ABC family movies. There just so darn positive!

Asian Pineapple Pork

What you need:
- 2-3 lbs pork steaks
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 1/2 car of Trader Joe's Soyaki 
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil

In a crock pot add pork, olive oil, and juice of half the can of the pineapple rings. Add a little water if you desire more liquid. Cook 6-8 hours on low, pour out juice and replace with Soyaki. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on low. 



Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 19:

Favorite stocking stuffer: I am boring and really like the useful stuff! I still use the Nivea chap stick from last year- its almost gone. I usually receive things such as hair products, shaving cream, or household products. Its funny but I love that stuff WAY more than candy.