Thursday, December 6, 2012

Spicy Sun dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta.

Yum.

That's the only word to describe this recipe. All my favorite things in one spot- pasta, olives, spicy flavor, and goat cheese. It can't really get much better than that. Ok, I may have gone a little overboard with the cheese, yolo. This recipe is creamy, hearty, filling, and delicious. I don't want to ruin it anymore with my poor writing skills. 

Can you believe it's already Thursday? Can't wait for some fun celebrations this weekend. I will finally be reunited with some of my old phone center friends- it's been too long!

Spicy Sun dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta

What you need:
- 1 box bow-tie pasta, cooked
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 15 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced

After boiling the pasta, pour 1 cup of pasta water into a glass measuring cup. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. When hot, add red pepper flakes and garlic, stirring constantly for 45 seconds. Pour into a small bowl. Add sun dried tomatoes to the pan and pour 1/3 cup pasta water on top of sun dried tomatoes. cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add drained pasta and drizzle in bowl of oil garlic mixture. Stir and add goat cheese and Parmesan  Add an additional 2-3 tablespoons pasta water, chopped olives, and lemon juice and mix well. 




Christmas Blogging Challenge Day 6:

Your favorite tree ornament? This is such a tough one! I would have to say it's a tie between a homemade ice skate my mom made when I was younger and matching Bert and Ernie ornaments. I wish I had pictures to share!