Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tapas.

Tapas are a wide variety of appetizers, or snacks, in Spanish cuisine. 

On Saturday night, Carly decided to have a few people over and make the get together "tapas themed". I jumped on the idea of being able to make a few things and headed straight to Pinterest for ideas. With a few alterations on already existing pins, I had some great recipes planned! The night ended up being really fun and the food was not too shabby either. After eating, we relaxed for a while, enjoyed delicious wine, and talked the night away. If you know me really well, you know I LOVE to talk, so it was basically my favorite kind of night. These small appetizers are really easy to make and might be showing up again around thanksgiving time. 



Combine apple slices and a small handful of arugula with a thin slice of prosciutto. Dress plate with fresh cracked black pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice. 


On a skewer, layer with tomato, cucumber, black olive, and feta cheese. Top with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.


On a skewer, layer slice of spicy Italian sausage, artichoke heart, roasted red pepper, and basil. Dress with olive oil, salt, and pepper. 



These apples were seriously to die for! 


Carly (and Lee) made a batch of peanut butter balls and Carly's famous Paleo Pumpkin bars also made an appearance.


Other tapas included shrimp and chorizo tacos, chicken enchilada soup, and caramel with fruit and pretzel dippers.



Carly helped me make this cute caramel apple to take home because they are seriously my favorite fall food!


I promised Tyler would make the blog if he took a funny photo, this is what he wanted...


Just another reminder... 
If you didn't see it already, I created a Facebook page for my blog! If you have Facebook  I would love it if you would click the link below and "Like" the page. Thanks!