Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween + Flan.

Get ready for a long post filled with A LOT of photos.

This past weekend was dubbed "Halloween weekend" at our house. I decorated the apartment, set out the candy bowl, and gathered my costume for a night of fun. On Friday night, Damian and I went over to Caitlin's house to watch The Mighty Ducks to prepare for the boys' costumes the following day. Sometimes relaxing on a Friday night is much needed after a long work week. Remember my negative Halloween feelings? This year was a lot of fun... I think my viewpoint might be changing :) 

First 7 photos courtesy of Neil, Thanks!
Caitlin and I went as Toddlers and Tiaras and Carly was Sophia Grace from the Ellen Show.




The mighty ducks were in full force quacking there way through the party. 

Jason was a hit at the party because we looked just like Psy, everyone loved it!




I had to include this photo because it seriously cracks me up! This is her impression of the toddlers. 

Caitlin made us the most adorable sashes!




He protected his Joey all night... 


The glorious Foosball winners 

Convinced Neil and Eric were cheating... 

Camera shenanigans... 





On Sunday nights, Damian and I head over to his parents house for our dinner ritual. This week was a special treat since his mom spent almost all day making her favorite dish- Pork Mole. I thought I would share some pictures of the meal and dessert. She even made flan for us (one of my favorites!), which is a Spanish desert that resembles a custard with caramel on top. I grabbed the recipe to share with you guys since it was so simple.


This salad was so good!

Pork Mole over egg noodles, orange and red onion salad, and a piece of delicious fresh bread.

Caramel Flan

What you need: 
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating place a 9 inch pie pan in the oven to warm. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt the 1/3 cup of sugar. Shake and tilt frying pan rather then stir to melt evenly. Once melted, sugar will caramelize quickly and then pour into pie pan. Beat together eggs and the remaining sugar adding the milk and vanilla. Pour egg mixture into the pan and set in the oven. bake for 25 minutes and chill. After chilled, loosen edges with a knife and invert pan with a rimmed serving plate. The flan will slip free with the caramel sauce on top. Cut into wedges and serve. 




It was a more flat then usual flan but it tasted great!