Friday, October 19, 2012

Greek Casserole.

It's Friday, which means its cause for celebration!

I never quite understood the phenomena of Fridays until I graduated college and started to work a normal 40 hour work schedule. Every day of the week we count down to this mysterious figure that we refer to as Friday, then it comes, it leaves, and we start over once again. The attitudes of the people around us suddenly begin to brighten and the real "Minnesota nice" comes out to play. But why do we all do this? Because no matter how much we love our jobs, we still like the freedom to do whatever we want. So I challenge you to do something this weekend that you really want to do. 




Greek Casserole

What you need:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into circles
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 4 roasted red pepper slices
- 1/2 cup kalamata black olives
- 4 oz feta cheese (I used a lot more)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- a handful of fresh dill

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a glass pan, spray nonstick oil on the bottom of the pan and layer with eggplant slices. Top with olive oil and a few sprigs of dill. Spread ground turkey, garlic, salt, and pepper over the eggplant. Add remaining dill and layer with onions. Finally, add peppers, olives, and feta cheese. Cover with tin foil and cook for 25 minutes. Remove tin foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes. 





For this recipe I used a lot of ingredients that I had in my kitchen. I suggest adding personal touches of what you may already have on hand. 



Fall is really starting to become visible in our neighborhood. Although it was gloomy in this picture, I love coming home to colorful trees with falling leaves. 


I hope you have a great weekend and are able to get outside and enjoy the fall weather!