Monday, October 22, 2012

Healthy Shrimp Scampi.

No butter shrimp scampi! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I was planning on making this recipe on Thursday, but plans changed a little and I ended up eating my favorite Whole Foods Hot bar mix that night. Have you ever had the Whole Foods hot bar? Its seriously dangerous on the stomach and wallet. But so good! The funny thing about this recipe is that after I told Damian it didn't contain butter, he responded: "It would be better with butter". I was shocked when he said that until he responded: "To be honest, I didn't think it tasted different then with butter, I just wanted to say that". In the end it received his and Caitlin's stamp of approval and will be added to my list of recipes to try again. 




Healthy Shrimp Scampi

What you need:
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds med shrimp, peeled and deveained
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- lemon wedges for garnish

In a large skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep warm. In the skillet, combine all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil uncovered, until the sauce is reduced to half. Spoon over shrimp and top with tsp parsley. Serve over linguine. 






Later Friday night, we had a few friends over and went out to some local "Dive bars". Red Dragon on Lyndale was an awesome bar with a drink called the wondrous punch. For a mere $11.50 this drink will knock you off your feet for the rest of the night! Just ask Caitlin... 



I thought this photo was super funny because Laura was the only one who realized I was taking it!




We ran into Mary who was celebrating her birthday a few weeks early in the cities. It was great that we ended up at the same bar. Happy Birthday Mar!


If you didn't see it already, I created a Facebook page for my blog! If you have Facebook  I would love it if you would click the link below and "Like" the page. Thanks!