Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Four Ingredient Pot Roast.

Talk about a Midwestern meal, meat and potatoes! 

After I post this recipe, I don't want to hear anyone say they cant cook. You really can't get much easier then this. The last thing I want to do after a long Monday at work is slave over pots and pans to make dinner. For a grand total of $13 you can make this meal for four servings. 

Random thought: Over this past week I have been feeling very crafty, mostly due to Pinterest. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes? I was told that there are actually people out there that Pin for a living, yep that's right, someone pays them to do it. How do I get that job? 



Four Ingredient Pot Roast

What you need:
- Boneless beef Roast
- 1 McCormicks Slow cooker beef stew packet
- 1 Au Jus Packet
- 1 can of Coke
- 1 cup water

Place roast in crock pot. Mix the slow cooker seasoning with water and pour onto roast. Add the can of coke, cover, and cook for 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high). Right before you are ready to serve, sprinkle Au Jus packet on roast, pull out of crock pot, slice, and serve.  

*** It does not matter how large the roast is because the recipe makes a lot of extra gravy***




I served the meat with mashed potatoes that I seasoned with garlic salt, pepper, and chili powder.



The dish is really good if you drizzle gravy on top!




Andrea sent me this picture and I just thought it was so sweet so I wanted to share it will all of you! I hope you all love to eat as much as I do...