Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Apple Ginger Pork.

Halloween is this weekend!

I honestly can't believe that it is already Halloween weekend. I have to admit, I am not a big fan of Halloween. I always have such high expectations of the holiday and it always ends up being blah. Maybe that will be different this year... Do you have a costume yet? 

Although it has been rainy, the temperatures have risen in Minnesota so the day's are nice and warm (warm for Minnesota fall) and the nights are perfect sleeping weather. Hopefully the weather is here to stay for a while, at least through the weekend! I am not ready for winter yet, I'm cringing just thinking about it.

If you do not own a crock pot yet, what is wrong with you? Have none of my crock pot recipes enticed you to go out and purchase one? Here's a little secret, something I like to call, BLACK FRIDAY. I bought mine last year for $15 at Macy's. Get up early and find those door busters. I have my heart set on getting a Canon Rebel again :) I was a poor freshman in college who sold my camera for cash, what was I thinking back then!?


Apple Ginger Pork

What you need:
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 honeycrisp apples
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced

Add broth, onion, pork, and then apples to crock pot. Add spices on top, cover, and cook for 8-10 hours on low or 6-8 hours on high. Shred pork with a fork and serve. 
Adapted from Paleomg






Sam, the birthday boy, wanted a debut on the blog! I think I may have hooked him onto reading this thing...