Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Greek Burgers Round Two.

This is the first time I have made the same recipe twice on this blog.

If you have read my early blog posts (probably only Caitlin and Brian), you would know that this was the first ever recipe I made for this blog. WOAH BABY! I was really in the mood for it again so  I decided to do a little recipe recap for you. The first time around I used a bun for the recipe but I stand by the fact that it tastes better with pita bread. Although I forgot feta cheese, such a tragedy, these babies came out good, really good. I whipped these up just in time to sit down to the reunion of The Real Housewives of NY, i'm obsessed. In case you hadn't heard, Beverly Hills is back, sometimes I wonder how i have a boyfriend. 


Greek Burgers

What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked into 4 patties
- 4 whole Pita's (I used the pre-sliced ones)
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 1 eggplant, sliced in 1/4 in pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For cucumber sauce:
- 1 cucumber, chopped 
- 14 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- a handful of fresh dill
- a handful of fresh mint
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2.5 oz feta cheese (I forgot this!)
- 1 tbsp oregano

In a medium skillet, heat olive oil,  and cook sliced eggplant on both sides until browned (about 8 minutes). Cook patties in same skillet. While patties are browning, combine Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, cucumber, dill, mint, salt, pepper, oregano, and feta cheese. Stir and cool until you are ready to serve the meal. Form burgers using the eggplant, burger, lettuce, and cucumber sauce. 

*** I sliced the burgers in half to fit in each side of the pita bread***







I made a batch of chipotle & garlic salsa on the side using this mix. 





There are lots of good meals on the menu this week so stay tuned for new recipes!