Thursday, October 25, 2012

Apple Cider Sangria.

Apple joke at the bottom of post, hilarity ensues. 

Aside from my major obsession with pumpkins, apples rank high on my list of favorite fall foods. This is an actual conversation I had with Damian:
Damian: OK, so after this recipe we are done with apples for a while.
Me: Why? What are you talking about?
Damian: We have had apple tapas, apple cider sangria, apple ginger pork, caramel apples, and just straight up apples.
Me: Get used to it!
I get it, I have an obsession with apples too. So what? In light of all my recent apple recipes, I hope you all also enjoy them as much as I do. As for Damian, I'm pretty sure he isn't willing to trade the home cooked meals that I make for him every night, just yet. 



Apple Cider Sangria

What you need:
- 4 honey crisp apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3 cups apple cider
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tbsp whole cloves
- 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
- fruity champagne for topping

In a tall pitcher, add all ingredients. Mix and refrigerate overnight. Pour sangria into a glass and top with champagne.
This recipe is lightly adapted from kirantarun





 
I'm not really a drinker but this stuff is good! It was the perfect use for leftover apple cider. And yes, I have already gone to the apple orchard this year :)

Why did the apple go to the doctor? 
- He felt rotten to the core!