Friday, November 30, 2012

Shells in Clam Sauce.

Landlocked.

Guess whats happening this weekend? The packers and vikings face off. This rivalry was always a big deal when I lived in La Crosse, but now that I live in Minnesota, it's huge. My company's allegiance is split almost right down the middle because the owners and my boss are originally from Cable, Wisconsin. Believe it or not, in my interview I was asked which football team I rooted for. Forget previous experience, that's secretly the reason I am currently employed. Every year my office hosts the Packer-Viking game and the invitation mentioned bringing food. Bringing food? Yep, I can do that. 

I made this recipe on Thursday night but I really think it would be a great lazy Sunday meal. If you live in a part of the country where it is affordable to purchase fresh clams, I suggest it. Until Minnesota miraculously losses its landlocked status, or I get a promotion, which ever comes first, canned clams will have to suffice. 


Shells in Clam Sauce

What you need:
- 1 lb shells or linguine, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 13 ounces canned minced clams in clam juice (2 cans)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice

Heat a large saucepan and the olive oil for about 1 minute on medium heat. Add garlic, parsley, and red pepper. Saute about 1 minute and add clams with juice. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 2 minutes. Turn off heat, cover, and set aside. Before adding sauce to pasta, add lemon juice, stir, and serve pre-mixed. 





I found a Christmas blogging challenge over at Peanut Butter and Jenny and thought it might be fun to try. Look out for my answers and feel free to participate in the comments! I will start on Saturday.