Saturday, November 10, 2012

Honey Chipotle Grilled Corn.

Beep, Beep, Beep.

Damian and I think it's the end of grilling season in our condo complex. The grill and propane tank are still sitting outside, but they have taken the cleaning brush inside. I get it, I can take the hint. I wonder if the people who live upstairs can take the hint that they need to open the windows when I cook? I stopped setting off our fire alarms and moved onto bigger and better ones, theirs. Hey, a girl's gotta eat. 

Ever thought about making corn in the oven? Corn is cheap and simple to make. Wash, throw on some spices, wrap, bake, forget about it, listen to your smoke alarm go off, remember its in there, and then eat. As simple as that...


Honey Chipotle Grilled Corn

What you need:
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hot chili powder

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine butter, honey, garlic, salt, and chili powder and whisk until blended. Coat ear's of corn and wrap with tin foil. Cook on top shelf for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before unwrapping. Serve warm. 

*** For extra spice use chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, I supped with chili powder because the grocery store was out of chilies.***