Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Oven Roasted Mushrooms.

I learn new things every day.

Did you enjoy the guest post from yesterday? If you didn't catch it, make sure you take a look at the introduction to gas station cuisine in the twin cities- its a must read. 

I'm not sure how I seem to overlook recurring habits but I recently asked Damian if he liked mushrooms. His response, which I should have known, was: of course I like mushrooms. I guess I didn't catch on from all the times he jumped on the opportunity to eat my unwanted Noodles & Co. penne rosa mushrooms. To be honest, I have a love-hate relationship with mushrooms. I love them roasted, stuffed, and sauteed, but when it comes to raw or stir-fried, I'll pass. I'm sure that seems weird but I think it relates to the texture. It's similar to my dislike of tofu, no matter how its cooked or prepared I can't get over the texture.

This recipe was a major hit on top of marinated steak with a side of salad. I marinated it the night before and added a little extra olive oil before throwing it in. 


Oven Roasted Mushrooms
What you need:
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar in a baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the butter evenly over the top and roast until the mushrooms are golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley. 




I am having difficulty adjusting to daylight savings time. My office doesn't have any windows therefore the only daylight I get to enjoy consists of driving to work in the morning. It is going to be a long winter.