Thursday, November 15, 2012

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin.

Ready for Thanksgiving. 

I am ready for a little work break and relaxation over Thanksgiving. Who knew that breaks were SO much better after you graduated college? Yes I currently have no homework on weekends but in college I never had class or work on Fridays. It was a pretty good trade off. I'm getting a little sidetracked. This recipe is good, real good. My love for the crock pot has grown exponentially this past year and I'm not mad about it. If it got you to try the recipe, I'll loan you mine.

Have you checked out my last post with the giveaway? (<<<< That's the link!) That's right, free stuff just because you read my blog! Don't miss out because this is the first of many things I will be giving away for FREE. Even though I am not in college anymore I still enjoy free products. On top of all of that, its good stuff for Italian food. Everyone loves Italian food. You have my promise, if you live in the twin cities and win I will come over and make you something with it! 


Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

What you need:
- 1 2 pound boneless pork loin
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
Glaze:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce

Combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in a small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on side
Lightly adapted from ziplist



 I served the roast with mashed potatoes and a side salad.

After dinner we headed to Dinkytown to help celebrate Chloe's 21st birthday. We bought her a few shots, yes I did a upside down pineapple, and ate some free bacon. Hope you enjoy checking out all the bars now, Happy Birthday Chloe!