Friday, November 9, 2012

Cucumber Carrot Ribbon Salad.

Bond, James Bond.

We are going to the new James Bond movie tonight and I couldn't be more excited. I love going to the theatre, despite the twenty dollars I end up spending between the ticket and popcorn. The smell of popcorn gets me every time... Does that happen to anyone else? I am undoubtedly in love with popcorn. This is probably the reason I worked at a movie theatre for over three years. Did you know that about me? I highly recommend a movie theatre for a first job, c'mon free movies all the time

After I made this recipe I looked online to see if other people have used this unique way of cutting vegetables. Well, it's good to know I am not alone. There are many other "ribbon salad" recipes out on the world wide web. I even saw one with feta cheese, yep I'm gonna make that one next.

Cucumber Carrot Ribbon Salad

What you need:
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 carrots
-1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Using a vegetable peeler, peel skin off of carrots and cucumbers. Peel entire carrot into thin strips. Peel remaining cucumber into strips until you reach the seeds on the cucumber. Add onions, garlic, ginger, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.



I served the ribbon salad with a roasted pork loin topped with garlic, balsamic vinegar, and bruschetta. 



Have a great weekend!