Monday, November 5, 2012

Everything But Your Kitchen Sink Breakfast Burrito.

Oofta, that's a long title!

On Saturday morning, I had the urge to whip up something tasty in the kitchen. I usually eat simple things in the morning and save the cooking for dinner but I was in the mood for eggs. I made up this recipe with a bunch of leftovers/half eaten things I had in the fridge so I am posting the recipe I used but honestly, just throw whatever you have in the pan and wrap a tortilla around it. 

Let's back track a little to my Friday night. Carly, Eric, Damian and I headed over to Carly's brothers house for a masquerade party. He actually lives just a few blocks from us in a pretty cool duplex. On the top floor people could make masks, while a live 12 piece horn jazz band played downstairs. The band was amazing and I can definitely say this was the best house party I have ever been to. If you dare to walk up an old shaky ladder, a beautiful uninterrupted view of downtown Minneapolis awaits you. It was so much fun! Check out the video from the band in my previous post: Band Video.

Everything But Your Kitchen Sink Breakfast Burrito

What you need:
- 5 eggs, scrambled
- 3 Spicy Italian Sausages, sliced and browned
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- Leftovers from Quesadilla Dinner (chicken, onions, corn)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Tortillas (optional)

In a large skillet over medium heat, add all ingredients. Stir and cook until warm, about 5 minutes. Wrap in tortillas and serve with salsa and sour cream.




Saturday and Sunday  were spent with friends walking around MOA, watching movies/football, getting dressed up, and relaxing.