Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Quick and Healthy Chicken Fajitas.

Easy Mexican meals are the best.

Whether you are having a dinner party or just want to make something to eat for days, this is the meal for you! The most work is prepping the veggies and chicken before baking. If you know how to use a knife, you can easily make this meal in your own home. With or without the tortilla, this is perfect for all ages. 

I have lots of cooking planned for this week/weekend. I have two work parties to attend this weekend and one of them is pot luck. I decided to make my chickpea salad, because its to die for, and Sweet Potato Coins. Stay tuned for lots of recipes this week, even a few holiday ones! Christmas is right around the corner...

Baked Chicken Fajitas

What you need:
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced 
- 1 tomato, sliced 
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat. Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions and stir to combine. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings. 
Lightly adapted from Just a Pinch


I served the fajitas with chips and queso dip on the side. 



I'm working with my new camera these days, so you may see a lot of different styles of photos. I suddenly remember why I love photography so much.