Thursday, September 6, 2012

Granola Covered Caramelized Mango's.

Yes, You read that title correctly!


Last night was the first football game of the season. Wow, that really means  that summer is over and fall has begun. Although I'm not quite ready for the end of summer, fall is my favorite season! I just love the temperatures, the leaves falling, and boots (weird, but I'm obsessed!). Being that almost all of my friends are playing fantasy football, I'm going to be doing a lot of cooking. Don't get me wrong, I like football, but if its not the Packers playing, I'm more concerned about the food I'm eating while watching the game. A bunch of friends came over to test out the new big screen and grill brats. Everything was tasty but I can't just show you some brats and Italian sausages and say grill these. So Carly and I came up with this recipe so we could use up one of the mango's I purchased at the farmers market last weekend. I know nothing about baking or desserts so its a good thing I have friends that do! 



Granola Covered Caramelized Mango's

What you need:
- 1 Mango, sliced in large pieces 
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola (I used Trader Joe's Granola and the Three Berries)

Warm butter, honey, and cinnamon in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to caramelize place sliced mango's in skillet. Let cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until slightly golden brown. Place granola in a small bowl and coat cooked mango's on each side. Place mango's on ice cream, your favorite treat, or just eat alone. Enjoy. 





Obviously you can see how interested in the game we were... 






Holy yum this was good!