Monday, January 14, 2013

Roasted Cashew Brussels.

All the right ingredients. 

So I was reading blogs, like I do ALL the time, and I came across this awesome recipe. I skimmed over the ingredients because if the recipe is too complicated, I don't even give it a chance most days. What are the odds that I had every ingredient but one for the recipe? 

When I was home for Christmas, my mom gave me a couple of bags of cashews to take back. I found out the difficult way that one of the bags was unsalted. When it comes to cashews, I need them salted. I threw them in my pantry and haven't had much use for them yet. This recipe was perfect. The aroma coming from the kitchen was unreal and the taste lived up to the expectation. I highly recommend this recipe as a snack or new side dish. 

Roasted Cashew Brussels
What you need:
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup raisins (I used a few dried cranberry's as well)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon sage

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover a baking sheet lightly with coconut oil and spread mixture on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir mixture and place back in the oven for an additional 2 minutes. Add sea salt for taste when done cooking. 
Lightly adapted from A Gutsy Girl