Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baked Avocados.

Surprising. 

I know that I make great food and bring it for lunch at work but my co-workers are almost too impressed. I can't say it enough but these recipes are so easy, anyone could honestly make them. For some reason the day I brought these avocados for lunch, with a hard boiled egg and piece of cream cheese toast, everyone raved about them. I actually had person after person walk up to my desk to see what I was eating. As long as you have a few tomatoes you can make this recipe with a bunch of things in your kitchen cabinet. I was most surprised that the biggest question people had was, how do you eat them? Well thats your choice, I prefer a spoon. 

Baked Avocados

What you need:
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon bread crumbs (optional)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix tomatoes, cheese, basil, and breadcrumbs into a bowl. Fill each avocado half and bake for 6 minutes. 
*** I added other cheeses I had, they would also be good with quinoa***

I served the avocados with these pita sandwiches. They included spinach, chicken, roasted red peppers, and avocado hummus. I baked them on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes so they were nice and crispy.