Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Crockpot Fajitas.

Random rants. 

Does anyone else love the smell of popcorn? This afternoon someone in my office made popcorn and I can't get the thought of it out of my mind. After I finish writing this post, the odds of me making some are pretty high. My desk is fairly close to the kitchen, so every time someone passed my desk they commented on the smell... it was tough to bear!

My latest obsession? Overnight oats in a jar. Tomorrow's are sitting in the fridge and I am already excited. I've eaten them for breakfast for the last two weeks and can not get enough. I make them the night before by mixing, 1/2 smashed banana, 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, 1/3 cup milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. I let it sit in the fridge overnight and top with granola, raisins, and a scoop of nut butter. SO delicious. 

Ok, I'm done rambling and onto to this recipe. So easy, so delicious, and so versatile, what more can you ask for? I made enough of the chicken mixture for burritos, burrito bowls, and fajitas. It lasted for days...

Crock Pot Fajitas

What you need:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 packet dry taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- burrito shells
- desired toppings: salsa, greek yogurt, shredded cheese ect. 

Place peppers and onions in bottom of crock pot. Set chicken on top and sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Add water to pot and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Serve with desired toppings.