Saturday, January 19, 2013

Friday Pasta.

Holiday weekends.

Good morning! I just wanted to stop by quick before we left for La Crosse. It is my great Uncle's 90th birthday party tonight so we are heading down there to celebrate. This recipe is so great for fridays because after a long work week, cooking is the last thing on my mind. Its so simple and the cherry tomatoes burst with flavor. 

It's a three day weekend for me because of Martin Luther King Day. UBS holidays are based off of the market closing so I actually have three paid holidays in the first quarter. I am not used to that... 

I took a few days off from blogging this week to relax after work. Have no fear, I still have a lot of recipes to write about from those days! 

Friday Pasta

What you need:
- 1 box whole grain spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup parm cheese

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat-high heat. Add the tomatoes and cook until they burst, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the garlic. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Just before draining pasta, add basil to the tomatoes and stir. Spoon over cooked pasta.