Friday, January 11, 2013

Onion Garlic Baked Red Potatoes.

So cool.

I saw a picture of these potatoes online a while back and thought they were so cool looking. They didn't taste too shabby either ;). Potatoes can be so boring sometimes and this is a great way to spruce them up. I think these would make a perfect dish for a football game or appetizer party, a baked potato bar. On a totally different topic, I saw this cooking show recently where someone made bloody mary butter, wouldn't that be awesome on these potatoes? 

I am so excited because tonight we are FINALLY using a gift card I received for Christmas 2011 from Damian's parents to Vertical Endeavors indoor rock climbing. I can't believe its been so long since I went last but it is a blast! I'll recap sometime this weekend. 

Onion Garlic Baked Red Potatoes

What you need:
- 5 red potatoes, sliced 3/4 of the way
- 1/2 onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter, sliced thin
- salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice each potato 3/4 into the potato (pictured above). Stuff with garlic, butter, and onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes on top rack.