Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tex Mex Steak Salad.

Unexpected happenings.

This recipe was not intended to hit the blog but it was just too good to leave out. I cook everyday and a lot of recipes I make are not special enough to write a post about. I don't usually make a lot of salads as entrees but I was really feeling like a good hearty salad. It was definitely one of those times I searched through my pantry and kept throwing things in the mix. I used a simple vinaigrette (olive oil and balsamic) but if you prefer something different I'm sure it will be good. 


Tex Mex Steak Salad

What you need:
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- grilled steak or chicken, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk until blended. Serve over remaining ingredients.