Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cocoa Cashew Butter.

Long time no read.

Holy Moly, it has been a long time since I blogged last! I took this past week off from blogging to get some things done at home. I love blogging but I never want to feel like its a job so as my work life intensifies, unfortunately the blog hits the back burner. This means I probably won't be blogging every day anymore. I will continue to try and post new recipes a few times a week. Thank you if you do come back and read these posts because it really does mean a lot to me. I have a couple good ones coming up! 

Did you have a good valentines day? We celebrated by going to Joe's Crab Shack. It was actually a ton of fun and the crab/lobster dish hit the spot. 

This recipe is super cool. I was actually in the shower when I decided it would be a good idea to whip up a batch. I had a lot of unsalted cashews leftover from my brussels and cashew recipe so I thought some nut butter would be a good additional to our normal morning oats. 

Cocoa Cashew Butter

What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted cashews
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (if needed)

In a food processor combine cashews and cocoa powder. Blend for 4 minutes. Check and add oil if butter is not starting to become drippy. Blend for another 2-4 minutes.