Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ginger Pork Burgers.

One of my favorites.

I have made a different version of this recipe a while back but this is the real deal. This is a recipe that I have adapted from Damian's parents and its one of my all time favorites. Its very easy to make, always delicious, and makes for good leftovers. If your not a bread eater, these burgers would be really great wrapped in lettuce and tomatoes. I had a few oohs and ahhs when I reheated it at work. I also made sweet potato fries on the side, which I can't get enough of lately. I kept the skin on when cooking them to add some extra proteins.

Tomorrow if FINALLY friday! For some reason everyday this week I have thought it was friday and now it will actually be true.

Ginger Pork Burgers

What you need:
- 1lb  ground pork
- 1/2 onion, diced into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons ginger, minced

- 4 burger buns
- chipotle aoli (optional)

Combine all burger ingredients and form four patties. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with lettuce and chipotle aoli (red chili sauce + light mayo).