Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Spicy Garlic Green beans.

All about it.

I have been so into everything spicy lately. As my spice tolerance increases I crave more and more spice. These green beans do the trick. They are crunchy, spicy, garlic-y, and a great side dish to any meats. They also preserved really well for my lunch the next day. Don't enjoy spice? Just eliminate the red pepper flakes and add oregano. 

For some reason this week is really dragging on. I think it might be that I am so excited to celebrate Caitlin's birthday this weekend. We are heading to Cosetta's for dinner, and I haven't seen the place since it did a major reservation. The Italian food there is amazing, I will make sure I do a post for it. 

Spicy Garlic Green Beans

What you need:
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons garlic
- salt and pepper for taste

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil with garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes until garlic begins to brown. Add green beans, stir and cook for 10 minutes, until cooked al dente. Serve warm.