Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oven Toasted Ravioli's.



It feels like forever since I posted! This past weekend was crazy- there were birthday celebrations and I finally have begun to pack my whole life up to move in a few weeks! Oofta, more to come on that later... 


So here's a recipe that I made last night that was phenomenal.. I'm pretty excited to have it for lunch again today! 


Oven Toasted Ravioli's

What you need:
- 12 round frozen ravioli, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 6 Tbsp Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together egg and milk in shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip ravioli in egg and then in bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all ravioli are coated. Spray ravioli with cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm marinara or pesto. 

*** A few variations I made: I used an entire bag of ravioli since that's what I purchased, so it was about 40 ravioli's (so i tripled the recipe). I used Panko bread crumbs that were left over from my Tomato Cup's recipe. I also forgot to add the parm cheese to the mixture, so I sprinkled some on about 5 minutes before they were done cooking!***







We made some grilled zucchini on the side topped with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and a little Caribbean jerk!



Check out those grill marks-- these babies stole the spotlight because they were so good!


I used a little sauce from my Spicy Chicken Rigatoni recipe to dip my ravioli's in. 


Moving Update
In other news, I purchased a couch!!! Woohoo! In case you were wondering, it's from Ikea. Thanks to Brian and Damian who helped carried it (now you get to put it together, wink wink). So check it out: 


After being a poor college student for so long it's hard to have the mentality to want to spend a lot of money but my old futon was ready for a new home. We have pretty much everything we need for the new place now, even a giant TV that was purchased last week. Hopefully I can manage to squeeze in some more cooking this week, but the plan is to start packing! 

Ohhhhhhhhh and I get to see the lovely Carly this week, after too much time apart!

Have a great week!