Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Olives.

Moving day is approaching quickly!


Thursday is the big day, I move out of my apartment. I've been living there for two years and although it was the perfect location for going to class, I'm ready for a change. The rest of this week is packed solid with plans and last night was no different. For having a great first half of the year, Coridian took all of our employees and a "plus one" on an Al & Alma's Supper Club cruise last night. This was the same cruise line as the "vikings scandal". It was a three hour cruise on Lake Minnetonka and included a rib and chicken dinner as well as a large variety of adult drinks. I wish I would have taken some photos because the trip was absolutely beautiful and the weather could not have been more perfect! 

Tonight, Damian and I are picking up our keys to the new place so we can be all set to move in on Friday! I think a large Target run will also be in the plans for all the extra odds and ends. This past weekend we built a TV stand with some old bookshelves I purchased last year (pictures to come) and picked up our table and chairs from Andrea's old apartment. Between the State Fair and moving preparations I still had a little time to make this recipe:


Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Olives

What you need:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped, pitted Kalmata olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8-10oz block of feta cheese
- crackers, flatbread, or pita chips for dipping

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, oregano, olive oil, and a few grinds of pepper. Place the block of feta cheese in the middle of your dish. Pile the tomato mixture on top of the feta. Bake for 15 minutes.

*** Do not add salt to this recipe! The olives and feta cheese provide enough saltiness to balance the black pepper. Also, the feta cheese will not melt in the oven, just become soft and begin to crumble.*** 




It was so good! I could eat this all the time... 


I served the dip with pita chips, steak topped with roasted red pepper sauce (recipe to come), and carrots with hummus.