Sunday, August 26, 2012

Minnesota State Fair

This past weekend was opening weekend for the Minnesota State Fair!



The state fair is a BIG deal here. After going for three consecutive years I can see why. Despite the rainy weather, Damian and I headed over to the fair around 6pm on Saturday. We tried to wait out the rain as much as possible but it still ended up raining once while we were there. Luckily this didn't put too much of a damper on the day! After 3 hours of walking and eating I would say it was a successful trip! 


Here's a run down of what we tried.



The corn is my favorite so we started with two of these!


These are the bull bites from Axel's-- delicious! That sauce is some sort of horseradish sauce.



We always get a pickle dog! So gross looking but so good!


It's comprised of a pickle wrapped in cream cheese and pastrami. 


We shared this turkey leg-- we were disappointed that it wasn't that great.


That thing is the size of my head!



For dessert: a fried snickers bar!


I wish this picture was as good as it tastes!


Damian testing out the Camaro! 


Check out how many people are down this pathway! 


This week is going to be a busy one! There is a light at the end of the tunnel: we are moving on thursday and friday! 

Have a great week!

(I promise there will be a recipe in the next post)