Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Prosciutto Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken.

Wow. 

I thought this recipe was good when we had it for dinner but it nothing compared to lunch the next day. It's funny how some recipes can be ruined as leftovers and some flourish and are almost better. This is an example of the later. For some reason when I ate this for lunch at work I was absolutely obsessed. Just thinking about it now my tummy is growling. Maybe that's because I haven't had breakfast yet? 

Ok, so funny story. When you make recipes like this one you actually use a mallet and pound the chicken breasts into cutlets. I don't have a mallet so I had to use my resources... a very sturdy potato masher. It did the trick well. Make sure to cover the chicken in plastic wrap so it doesn't make the ugly lines that you see below. If you don't own something sturdy such as a potato masher use the side of can or any heavy object in your kitchen. 


Proscuitto Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken

What you need:
- 4 chicken breasts, tenders removed
- 4 oz goat cheese, softened
- 4 pieces proscuitto
- Salt and Pepper, for taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound chicken breasts with mallet or other kitchen tool into cutlets. Place proscuitto slices and goat cheese on top of breast. Roll chicken with the smallest side first. Use toothpicks to hold in place if it doesn't stay. Place in a large skillet over medium heat and brown on each side. Then place in a glass pan or casserole dish and bake for 12-15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.