Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easy Sausage Chili.

Yum.

Holy moly its been a while since I've blogged. Sorry I've been gone so much lately, the free time I usually spend blogging has been spent on studying. Most study days also consist of easy meals that are a quick cleanup and not so blog worthy. This recipe on the other hand, definitely blog worthy. My coworker eats chili everyday for lunch (I wish I was exaggerating). He thinks its the only thing he can make and eat for an entire week. I know thats not true but the good thing is that it made me want chili. One of the biggest reasons I don't like to make chili is because it has a million ingredients and takes a long to make. Both of these are not included in my fast and easy meal criteria. This recipe is not the case. It's delicious, easy to make, and has a lot fewer ingredients than most chili recipes. Just thinking about it makes me want more! The spice from the sausage mixed with fresh garlic is such a delicious 

Updates on the home front. What I've been up to lately? Weirdly enough I am starting to enjoy running. I still can't run much more then a few miles but I can see the difference I am making every time I go for a run. I am beginning to run faster and each time I can run further. It's really cool to see the progress from week to week. 

I promise, promise, promise to post a few times more a week. I am really going to try to sit down this weekend and crank out a few good posts for next week. Until then, hope your staying warm on these chilly spring nights :)


Easy Sausage Chili

What you need: 
- 1 lb ground hot italian sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 16oz can kidney beans- drained
- 1 can Rotel green chili's
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Heat olive oil and garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Place sausage and onions in pot and cook until sausage is evenly brown. Pour water, tomatoes, beans, and green chili's into the pot. Season the rest of the spices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Turn heat off and let cool for 5 or more minutes to thicken.