Saturday, March 9, 2013

Blueberry Banana Smoothie.

In a bowl or a glass.

I have been meaning to post this recipe for a few weeks but just haven't had the chance. Smoothie's are popular in my house but surprisingly not made that often. I don't actually own a blender, I use my food processor. It does the trick but not as motivating to use. None the less, it is berry delicious! <<< Do you see what I did there? Very puny. I ate this one from a bowl, but any glass would do just as well.

Last night we went to the movie Oz The Great and The Powerful. It was wonderful! Its stars James Franco, Michelle Williams, and Mila Kunis. If you haven't heard of it, it's the prequel to The Wizard of Oz. It's colorful, adorable, and imaginitve. The movie is funny, suspenseful, and everything The Wizard of Oz should be. 

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

What you need:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup Chobani Blueberry greek yogurt 
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup protein powder of choice (we use Muscle Milk)
- 2 Tablespoons milk

Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend for 3-5 minutes. Serve with sweetened shredded coconut. 


The coconut gave the smoothie a great consistency!