Sunday, June 17, 2012

What is a saturday without BBQing?

So just like almost every other saturday since it started to get warm, we decided to grill. 


We usually grill everything: burgers, brats, ka-bobs, chicken, and steak! I got over to Caitlin's on saturday morning and she greeted me with the idea of having steak for dinner. We usually don't try and spend that much but with our full time jobs, why not? We headed over to Von Hanson's and picked up some delicious steaks! This place has every meat you could ever want at fairly competitive prices and same day freshness. We got the pre-seasoned ones because we were unsure how much time we would have to marinate but I highly recommend the seasoning they use. We paired the steaks with a salad, baked potatoes, and corn on the cop with Eric's special recipe.

Boy were these babies delicious.



Yes we were classy and drank 40's with our meal...






I went to the farmer's market last weekend in Saint Paul so I had a ton of leftover veggies. Salad's are my specialty so I whipped one up with:


1- Head of lettuce (I mixed Romaine and Spinach)
1- Cucumber
3- Green Onions
4- Whole carrots
1/2- yellow pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
Dressing- It was a mixture of spices that were added to oil, vinegar, garlic, and lemon juice






The corn was made with a butter, parsley, chives, and fresh garlic paste. After cooking them on the grill most of the butter melts off but the corn is so juicy you do not need to add any toppings after they are done!








I added some blue cheese crumbles on the steak per Caitlin's request!



I do have to say, this was the perfect meal before a night of dancing! Happy Father's day!