Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My favorite fast snacks

Ever feel hungry but don't want to spend a whole lot of time cooking anything?


I don't generally keep a lot of junk food snacks around the house, well frankly because I would probably eat them. Instead I try to have a few things laying around that don't take too long to whip up. 



Introducing... The Cucumber Salad





This is one of the most simple recipes I know, and Caitlin's FAVORITE! 


- 3 large cucumbers (or 5 small ones, I prefer small because they have more flavor)
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbps lemon juice
- a little bit of sea salt and pepper 



Chop cucumbers in small cubes. For this recipe, I only use the bottom end of the onions, meaning the white part and around 2 inches of green. Slice thin small pieces of onion. In a bowl, combine cucumbers, onion, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. 







This can be eaten right away but I suggest letting it sit for a few hours to let the onions settle in. 







This recipe may take a few minutes to make but it sits really well! I usually make a ton of it and eat it all week, the longer the cucumbers sit in the dressing, the better it tastes!


I also wanted to share my favorite snack. This can be eaten for breakfast, with lunch, or anytime you are hungry! 


My very own YOGURT PARFAIT!


Doesn't that look delish?


It's as simple as adding your favorite granola, yogurt (in my case greek yogurt is my fav), and fruit. 




This is one I had with my lunch at work, hence the keyboard!


Hope your staying cool during this heat wave!