Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Engagement.

What a weekend.


I am not quite sure how this weekend will ever be topped. My birthday weekend started with dinner on Thursday night at 112 eatery (see blog post for more info). Damian and I had the most amazing meal. Friday continued the celebration with a giant group dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. The reservation was for 23 people and I was so happy to see each one of them. The meal was average but it the restaurant is a great place for an affordable meal and is large enough for a big group. I love being able to gather with all my friends in one place! After dinner we headed to our place for a bit before we danced the night away at Stella's in uptown.  I can't express how much gratitude I have for everyone who texted, called, sent cards, gave gifts, and helped celebrate. I truly felt very loved and blessed.



I was up bright and early Saturday morning, showered, dressed, and out the door before 10. I had a wonderful birthday breakfast, thanks to Zach, at Tiffany' Sports Bar. After a nice relaxing day Damian and I headed out to the Timberwolves game. He won tickets from a drawing at work and the seats were amazing! After the end of the third quarter Damian told me we needed to leave. I was so confused but he assured me by saying he had a surprise. We hopped in the car and drove to St. Paul. We arrived at Muffalettas Restaurant on como. This is such a special restaurant because we actually spent our first date there. After a glass of red wine and a cheese platter we got back in the car. Not knowing where we were going, we drove all the way around Como Lake and parked near the Pavillion. We walked out to the dock over looking the water and admired the beautiful evening. Although there is around 6 inches of snow on the ground the night was absolutely beautiful. Being my normal self trying to point out the Big Dipper and other constellations, Damian mentioned he had another surprise for me. When I turned around he was down on one knee. The ring is breathtaking and of course I said yes.








We celebrated with champaign and had so much fun telling family and friends.





This has been the best birthday I have ever had.