Monday, April 8, 2013

Onion Ginger Pork Burgers.

Tired. 

Ever have one of those weeks where you are exhausted and can't kick it? I already have a feeling that is how this week is going to go. This past weekend was fun (I am thinking about doing a photo post soon) and I got a lot of studying done. I have been swamped at work because tax season is almost over and boy will I be happy when April 15th gets here. In the meantime, I will focus on my birthday this weekend! I am so excited that it actually lands on Friday because as a working professional, it would be pretty uneventful if it were during the week. Ahh Friday can't come soon enough!

This recipe is holy amazingness. I already love ginger pork burgers but adding a ton of onions make them even better. Also, see that corn down there? I took a bag of Trader Joe's fire roasted frozen corn and broiled it for 10 minutes. Yum. It added a nice char to the already delicious corn.

Onion Ginger Pork Burgers

What you need: (Makes 4 burgers)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 buns of choice
- additional toppings: lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, chipotle mayo

Combine all ingredients and form pattys. Broil for 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with toppings.